- ¾ part tamarind concentrate
- 2 parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- 1 ¼ parts freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ part simple syrup
- ½ part freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ part DeKuyper® Triple Sec
- 1 stick cinnamon ( for garnish)
For the rim
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Preparation: Mix sugar, salt, cayenne, and cinnamon in a small bowl, then pour onto a saucer. Pour 2 tablespoons lime juice onto a second saucer. Turn serving glass (martini glass or old fashioned) in lime juice to coat the outer rim. Then spin glass in cayenne mixture, rotating slowly to coat.
Add tamarind concentrate, tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, lemon juice, and Cointreau to mixing glass. Fill with ice and shake well, about 30 seconds. Strain into serving glass. Garnish with cinnamon stick if desired.
*We used tamarind concentrate, which comes as a thick liquid in a plastic jar. If you can only find tamarind blocks, don’t worry. Submerge an inch or so of the block in a few tablespoons of hot water for fifteen minutes. Mash to loosen, and discard any seeds or undissolved solids.